The Deadline for Volume 1 2018 submissions is closed. Stay tuned for Volume 2!
Space magazine: a publication about Women in the Arts.
We want to capture a moment in time and publish the ideas, discussions, and issues around Women in the Arts today in 2018. It’s been 100 years when women were allowed to vote in the UK (at the time only included women over the age of 30 who owned property), now in 2018 with the discourse around sexual harassment in the workplace, and gender pay gap, where does the Arts fit into this discussion.
We’re looking for articles, essays, photos, illustrations on the topic of Women in the Arts. Submissions could be an exhibition review by a female artist, interview with women curator/director/musician or any other intersection between Women and Arts.
The publication will celebrate diversity from students from all ethnic backgrounds, different stages of their careers (undergrads, postgrads, mature students, international students and alumni) and include the work from the community outside the academic circles.
The aim of this project is to collaborate with Goldsmiths University community around the topic of Women in the arts from different backgrounds and languages.
A few potential topics to pitch:
- The intersection between gender and creative practice
- Interviews with artists, curators, directors, leaders who promote the work of women artists
- Identity your practice / in the arts
- Patriarchy in the arts sector
- Feminist Art
A bit of a guideline in terms of submissions:
- Feature essays exploring the themes in-depth 800-2,000 words max.
- Interviews: 800-1,000 words
- Photography Essay / Design / Illustration work: 10 photos/artwork max.
- We encourage writing from different levels of experience, backgrounds, ethnicities, and languages. Translated works are welcome
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will you pay for my submission?
A: Unfortunately, we are not able to pay a fee for your submission, the funding approved will only go towards printing the publication.
Submissions are open to all.
Editorial pitches and Submissions can be addressed to Kristin Cheung at email@example.com